Using Insurance at Cochrane Family Eyecare
We are happy to bill most Vision Insurance Plans for you! In order to confirm your eligibility, we will just need to gather some information about you when you schedule your appointment. Please have the following information handy when you book your appointment:
- Patient's Name and Date of Birth
- Primary Member's Name and Date of Birth
- Insurance ID Number (which may be on printed on your insurance card, or may be the Primary Member's social security number)
- Depending on the Insurance, we may need their phone number, so please have your card handy when you call!
- Because vision insurance only covers general eye examinations, eyeglasses, and contact lenses services, we also will ask you for your medical insurance information when you call. Eye infections are covered by your medical insurance, so we keep this on file for you, because the last thing you want to have to think about when you have an eye infection is your insurance!
What Insurance Plans Do You Accept?
We accept many vision plans, including, but not limited to:
- Benefit Planners /HealthScope (PEBP/UMR)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Davis Vision
- Medicaid (some versions)
- Medical Eye Services (MES)
- Truckee Donner PUD
- Union Trust Funds
- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- And Many More!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Take VSP / Vision Service Plan?
Yes! In fact, we are a Premier Provider with VSP, which means that you can receive extra discounts on several brands of frames (brands vary seasonally- ask us or check with VSP for the current specials).
I Am From Out of State- Will You Still Take My Insurance?
We will do our best! When you call to schedule, be sure to have your card handy. We will call your insurance and see if we are allowed to bill them. If we can, we will!
Can I Get Both Glasses and Contacts Using My Insurance?
Most of the time, you will have to select one or the other. But there are occasionally insurance plans that let you get both. Many other plans will give you discounted rates on materials (eyeglasses / contact lenses) if you purchase both. We will be happy to explain your individual insurance plan details to you!